On the Saturday following rstudio::conf, we’ll be holding our first ever tidyverse developer day!
- 📆 When: 19 January, 9 am - 4 pm
- 📍 Where: The Sunset Room, just a couple blocks away from where rstudio::conf is being held.
- 👥 Who: Anyone who would like to get better at contributing to the tidyverse! Everyone is welcome regardless of whether you’ve never done a PR before, or if you’ve already made your 10th package.
- 💻 What: A day of learning and coding. We’ll provide breakfast, lunch, snacks, and coffee; you’ll bring your laptop and enthusiasm. The tidyverse team will be on hand to help out and answer your questions. We’ll also host some discussions about future development plans for tidymodels.
The broad goal of this event is to nurture regular contributors. The tidyverse team will be there, so we can help you hit the ground running and/or get over any stumbling blocks that you encounter. Don’t have any ideas for something to work on? No problem! We’ll be tagging issues in advance to make sure there’s lots to do for any- and everyone, regardless of level of expertise.
We’ll have tables led by different members of the team focusing on topics including:
- First-time contributions,
- Code makeovers,
- rlang and tidy eval,
- Spanish translations,
- Modelling, and
- Repo hygiene.
Tickets are on sale now!
Tickets cost $10; we’re charging a small fee because space is limited. All fees will be donated to Code2College, a local charity that “aims to dramatically increase the number of minority and low-income high school students who enter and excel in STEM undergraduate majors and careers”.
Code of Conduct
All attendees are bound by the rstudio::conf Code of Conduct.
Have questions? Head over to the tidyverse developer day thread on the RStudio community site!